Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship
• Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH
• Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
• Scripps Mercy Hospital, San Diego, CA
• University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO
• University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
• American Board of Ophthalmology – Board Certified
• American Society of Retina Specialists
• American Academy of Ophthalmology
• American Medical Association
Dr. Courtney is a born and raised Colorado native, having grown up in Fort Collins, Colorado. He attended the University of Colorado in Boulder where he graduated with academic honors in Biochemistry. He then completed his medical school at the University of Colorado in Denver where he was inducted into the national medical honor society, Alpha Omega Alpha. He completed his ophthalmology residency at Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University in Portland, Oregon. After completing his medical school and ophthalmology residency, Dr. Courtney moved to Cleveland, OH for his vitreoretinal fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation Cole Eye Institute, a national leader in vitreoretinal fellow training.
Dr. Courtney’s clinical interests include macular degeneration, retinal vascular disease (diabetic retinopathy, vein occlusion, etc.), and surgical retina (retinal detachment repair, epiretinal membrane and macular hole). Dr. Courtney has also participated in a number of clinical trials, published numerous articles and authored chapters on macular degeneration and inherited retinal disorders.
In his free time, Dr. Courtney enjoys spending time with his wife, daughter, and their White German Shepherd, Mitzie. He is an avid outdoors enthusiast, enjoying skiing/snowboarding, surfing, and hiking.