Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship
• Retina Group of Washington, Washington, DC
• Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
• Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
• New England Eye Center, Boston, MA
• Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA
Transitional Year Internship
• Saint Francis Hospital,Evanston, IL
• Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
• University of Pennsylvania,Philadelphia, PA
• American Board of Ophthalmology
• American Society of Retina Specialists
• American Academy of Ophthalmology
• American Medical Association
• Colorado Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
• Colorado Medical Society
• Denver Medical Society
Mark E. Patron, MD was born and raised in Indianapolis, IN. He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with honors. He earned his medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, MA and was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. He completed his ophthalmology residency training at the New England Eye Center at Tufts Medical Center in Boston, MA. Dr. Patron finished his training with a two-year fellowship in vitreoretinal diseases and surgery at the combined Retina Group of Washington, Georgetown University Hospital, and Washington Hospital Center fellowship in Washington, DC- one of the top clinical and highest surgical volume programs in the country.
Dr. Patron is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He specializes in the medical and surgical treatment of retinal and macular diseases. His particular interests include retinal detachment repair, macular surgery, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, and retinal imaging. He has published scientific papers and presented research at national ophthalmology meetings. He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Society of Retina Specialists.
Dr. Patron enjoys food, travel, music, and spending time with his wife Erika, son Andrew, daughter Izzy, and their French Bulldogs, Bella and Oscar.