• University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO
Preceptor: Kenneth R. Hovland, MD 1991-1992
• University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 1986-1989
• Presbyterian/Saint Luke’s Medical Center, Denver, CO 1985-1986
• University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 1985
Magna Cum Laude
• Transylvania University, Lexington, KY 1981
Bachelor of Arts, Summa Cum Laude
• American Board of Ophthalmology 1990
• National Board of Medical Examiners 1986
• Colorado State Board of Medical Examiners 1986
Born and raised in Northern Kentucky, Dr. Johnson has been an adopted Coloradan for 32 years and he has been in private practice here since 1998. After serving as director of the Eye Clinic at Denver Health Medical Center for two years, Dr. Johnson received fellowship training in vitreoretinal disease under the tutelage of Kenneth R. Hovland, M.D. Dr. Johnson then joined the full-time faculty in the Department of Ophthalmology at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in 1992, and served as Residency Director there until 1998.
Dr. Johnson is active in the Colorado Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons and has served as President (2002-2003) and Councilor to the American Academy of Ophthalmology (2003-2011). He is currently serving on the AAO OPHTPAC Committee.